Weekly LCV Victory Fund Update – 10/6/2020
To: Interested Parties
From: Pete Maysmith, SVP of Campaigns, LCV Victory Fund
Date: October 6, 2020
Re: Weekly LCV Victory Fund Update
With Joe Biden himself running climate change-focused ads in a key state like Michigan, it’s clear that environmental issues are on the minds of voters like never before. That’s why LCV Victory Fund and affiliated entities have committed to investing at least $100 million this cycle to defeat Trump and elect climate and environmental justice champions up and down the ballot — because our rights to breathe clean air, drink clean water, and live in safe and healthy communities are at risk. We are 28 days out from Election Day and people are already voting. Over 4 million have cast ballots so far.
Field Updates – LCV Victory Fund GOTV Program
- With absentee ballot request deadlines coming up fast, we are finishing up our vote by mail generation calls this week and pivoting to calling voters who already requested ballots to make a plan to return them.
- The message across all our calls is “Make a Plan to Vote” — no matter how you are voting — by mail, early in-person, or on Election Day — make sure you have a plan to have your voice heard.
- We plan to start contacting voters in certain states who need to complete a cure process to correct an issue with their mail ballot in the next week or so.
- Also, LCV Victory Fund continues to expand the tactics of our GOTV program. We will be launching GOTV digital ads in a few of our target states — more details to come.
Results to date:
- Over 2.2 million get out the vote calls
- Close to 53,000 individual conversations with our targeted voters
- Of the voters we’ve spoken with over the phone, 78% committed to vote by any method and 56% committed to vote by mail
For additional background on our $10 million Get Out The Vote effort to mobilize 2.5 million voters across Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, check out last week’s memo.
Paid Media Updates
Over the last week, LCV Victory Fund announced the launch of two new paid media campaigns:
- ME Senate – $800,000+ paid media program to defeat Sen. Susan Collins and elect Sara Gideon. Investment includes a direct mail campaign that started in September. Read more here.
- NV Presidential – In partnership with Somos PAC, launched a $1 million pro-Biden Spanish language ad campaign. Read more and watch our joint 30 second ad “Nuestra Historia” here.
Ongoing paid media campaigns:
|National||Presidential||Digital ad in opposition to Trump.|
|ME||Senate||Direct mail in opposition to Sen. Collins’ re-election campaign.|
|MI||House – 8th District||TV ad in opposition to Paul Junge’s campaign to unseat enviro champ Rep. Slotkin.|
|NM||House – 2nd District||TV ad in opposition to Yvette Herrell’s campaign to unseat enviro champ Rep. Torres Small.|
|NJ||House – 3rd District||Digital ads in opposition to David Richter’s campaign to unseat enviro champ Rep. Kim. More info here.|
|NV||Presidential||Spanish language TV ad in support of Joe Biden for president.|
|VA||House – 7th District||TV ad in opposition to Nick Freitas’ campaign to unseat enviro champ Rep. Spanberger.|
# # #
Paid for by LCV Victory Fund, www.lcvvictoryfund.org, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.